Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Week

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have this tradition of taking photos with random people at the ballpark.  The rule is, you cannot introduce yourself to the people and you cannot already know them prior to the photo... easy enough!  It's fun, because you end up meeting people from all walks of life who have many different views of life and ALL of them have their own story about the ballpark and their trip or trips made to see the Rangers.

The first game of our season tickets, I was unable to attend due to corporate meetings and chose to give the tickets to my niece, Jessica and her boyfriend, Andre.  I, of course, made them aware of this tradition and let them know it was one of a few requirements placed upon them in order to use the tickets.  If you know Jessica or Andre or both, you know that I had no trouble with them cooperating with my demands.  It was this game that I established my now standard "Ballpark Letter" that every game goer who uses the tickets receives.  It's a friendly letter that lays ground rules for their visit. 

It turns out that I've been able to acquire quite the collection of useless ballpark memorabilia such as drinking cups, little Nolan Ryan Beef flags from burgers, menus autographed by employees of the park and oh so much more!  I love the originality of people once I plant the idea.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a few pictures from week one of the tickets.

 Night 1: Jessica and Andre.  I guess Andre took the picture seeing as he's not in the picture... small violation, but we'll let it slide since it was the first game.  The row behind Jessica is their four strangers.

 Night 2:  Russell and I.  Russell is my General Manager at work and a pretty good guy otherwise... haha!  We had corporate meetings all week and enjoyed one evening at the ballpark.  It poured rain and these people's hair remained perfect through the storm.  We were so amazed that they became our random photo strangers.

Night 3:  Kim drove down to attend this night.  I had just finished with my week's worth of meetings and was happy to sit at a ballgame and relax with our new stranger friends that joined me in a big thumbs up for the Rangers.

Night 4:  Kim and I attended and though we were losing, we still found a smile and a happy stranger couple. 

I've noticed that EVERYONE I've asked has been more than happy to take a photo with us.  Makes the ballpark visits that much funner!  Til next time.... Go Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment