I was recently given quite possibly the greatest gift a Texas Rangers fan could ever receive... my very own seat at any home game I can and want to attend. Seeing as I was blessed with this gift, I must give it the honor it deserves by creating a blog that I should have created at the beginning of the season, and I can't let the first paragraph of this blog end without thanking the anonymous donor of the tickets... they are being put to great use! Thank you!!!!
Within this blog, you will find photos and a few short stories about my journey through what I like to call "The Fifth Season"... there's Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, and Baseball. In my opinion, there is no other sport on the planet, period. Anyway, most every game, I've been able to share with my beautiful wife, Kim, who has now become quite the Ranger fan. There's this certain new Japanese pitcher that she is a little crazy about, and on our last trip to the ballpark, she was able to watch him practice with his coaches. We had hoped to get his autograph, but failed to do so... maybe next time. However, she was able to acquire a foam finger for one of my favorites, Elvis Andrus. He, in my opinion, is one of the best short stops the Rangers have ever had. OH, and did I mention that I got his autograph?
In the near future, I will be posting photos of different things along the way of this season. We have started a tradition that I have made a requirement for all of our guests who use the tickets. We, or they, must get a photograph with a complete random stranger at the ballpark. I've dubbed these our "Nameless Friends From Ballpark Trips"... so be watching for those, but for now, I'll leave you with a few photos from our most recent trip.
First photo is of Elvis Adrus' autograph. This was one of two autographs we received. The other was David Murphy. Both guys were extremely nice, especially considering the amount of autographs they were giving out at that moment.
Above is Kim and I sitting in the dugout... a pretty nice view, I'd say...
I sat in President Nolan Ryan's seat... granted, so did everyone else that day, but it's pretty cool that I can say I did it.
Yu Darvish out on the field, practicing with his coaches. That guy can throw!!
Last, but not least, Kim and I on the field at Ranger's Ballpark. I never dreamed I'd actually be there, much less, standing where so many great baseball players have stood. I've had a childhood dream come true and am blessed to have such an opportunity in life.

No comments:
Post a Comment